This is our daily post that is shared across Twitter & Telegram and published first on here with Kindness & Love ❤️❤️ on My.Daz.blog
#AceNewsRoom With ‘Kindness & Wisdom’ Mar.29, 2022 @acenewsservices
#AceBreakingNews – The Real Russia. Today. Meduza speaks to Zelensky: Published: Monday, March 28, 2022
What you’ll find in today’s newsletter
- Latest developments
- Zelensky’s interview with the Russian free press
- What Russia’s orphaned independent journalists are doing now
Latest major developments in Russia and Ukraine
- 🕊️ A ray of hope? Russia is no longer requesting Ukraine be “denazified” and is prepared to let Kyiv join the EU if it remains militarily non-aligned as part of ceasefire negotiations, sources told The Financial Times. Some are cautiously saying it could indicate that Moscow is lowering its demands to claim victory and end the war.
- ☠️ More mysterious poisoning(s): Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich and Ukrainian peace negotiators suffered symptoms of suspected poisoning after a meeting in Kyiv earlier this month, sources told The Wall Street Journal. Contrary to initial reports, a spokesperson for Abramovich later told the BBC that he has not commented on the story.
- 📠 Insufficient bandwidth: Citing the rising “unavailability of foreign equipment,” Russia’s federal government is now advising domestic telecoms operators to reduce mobile Internet service to keep Russia’s networks from overloading.
- 🔀 Code switching: An internal email at Google obtained by The Intercept shows that the company ordered Russian translators not to call the war in Ukraine a war, bowing at least in part to Kremlin censorship. The memo instructed translators to use euphemistic terms like “emergency in Ukraine” in their Russian version but “war in Ukraine” in the English version.
- 🪖 Catastrophe in Mariupol: City officials in Mariupol say Russian attacks have killed almost 5,000 civilians, including 210 children. Exact numbers are still impossible to know. 170,000 people reportedly remain in the city.
- 👮 Prosecuting another opposition figure: Former Yekaterinburg Mayor Evgeny Roizman has been charged with “discrediting the military” — only a misdemeanor as a first offense, but felony liability under Russia’s law against hate speech activates upon a second violation within a year, risking up to three years in prison.
⏺️ The transcript Russia’s state censor doesn’t want you to see: Volodymyr Zelensky’s first interview with Russian journalists since the war began (60-min read)
On Sunday, March 27, Volodymyr Zelensky gave his first extensive interview with Russian journalists since the beginning of Russia’s war against Ukraine. Zelensky spoke over Zoom with Meduza editor-in-chief Ivan Kolpakov, Dozhd editor-in-chief Tikhon Dzyadko, writer and journalist Mikhail Zygar, and Kommersant special correspondent Vladimir Solovyov (not to be confused with the Russian propagandist who shares his name). Read Meduza’s translation below.
🌱 The old pillars of Russia’s free press have crumbled, but the journalists who ran those publications carry on. Here are their new projects. (8-min read)
Following the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Russian authorities have imposed military censorship in all but name, annihilating the entire domestic free press. Within a week of Moscow’s “special operation in the Donbas,” the television station Dozhd and radio station Ekho Moskvy both shut down, ending 12 and 32 years, respectively, of independent journalism. In late March, after a 28-year run, the newspaper Novaya Gazeta suspended all reporting until the end of the war, citing warnings from the federal censor. Many of the journalists who worked for these outlets have already fled Russia, but they continue their work at new platforms, on their own channels at YouTube, Telegram, and elsewhere. Here are a few of the most prominent startups and offshoots.
Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com