Categories
Ace Daily News

UK: Sheffield Crown Court Report: Lord Ahmed who attempted to rape a young girl and sexually assault a boy under 11 jailed for five years #AceNewsDesk report

#AceDailyNews Court Report: Nazir Ahmed resigned from the House of Lords but retains the title Lord Ahmed of Rotherham according to GB News: Jamie Micklethwaite: Published friday 04 February 2022 – 14:46 Last updated friday 04 February 2022 – 15:10

RETRANSMISSION - removing 'former' from second sentence in caption. Lord Ahmed arriving at Sheffield Crown Court to be sentenced after being found guilty of sex assaults against two children more than 40 years ago. Picture date: Friday February 4, 2022.

Peer and former politician Lord Nazir Ahmed has been jailed for five years and six months for the attempted rape of a young girl and sexually assaulting a boy under 11 in the 1970s.

The 64-year-old, who has resigned from the House of Lords but retains the title Lord Ahmed of Rotherham, was found guilty at Sheffield Crown Court in January of two counts of attempted rape and one of buggery.

The court heard how the repeated abuse happened in Rotherham when he was a teenager in the 1970s.

On Friday a judge, Mr Justice Lavender, jailed Ahmed for five years and six months.

He told Ahmed: โ€œYour actions have had profound and lifelong effects on the girl and the boy, who have lived with what you did to them for between 46 and 53 years.

โ€œTheir statements express more eloquently than I ever could how your actions have affected their lives in so many different and damaging ways.โ€

The victim of the attempted rapes read her own victim personal statement in court, saying: โ€œAn overwhelming feeling of shame remained with me throughout my childhood and early adult years.

โ€œIt was a burden I was made to carry, and it silenced me for many years.

โ€œIt is now time for me to pass that burden to him โ€“ the paedophile who I know feels no personal shame.โ€

She added that Ahmed had however now been โ€œpublicly shamedโ€ for his actions.

Ahmedโ€™s two older brothers Mohammed Farouq, 71, and Mohammed Tariq, 66, were also charged with indecent assault in relation to the same boy that Ahmed abused.

Both men were deemed unfit to stand trial, but a jury found that they did the acts alleged.

Farouq and Tariq were both given absolute discharges after the judge said the only other two options โ€“ a hospital order or a supervision order โ€“ would not be appropriate in this case.

A victim personal statement from the male complainant read in court said being sexually abused by the three men had โ€œaffected me on a daily basisโ€ and left him unable to show affection to his own children.

He said: โ€œI buried the abuse and carried it with me on my own for years and years.

โ€œI feel shame because of what these men did to me.

โ€œThis is not about revenge, this is about justice.โ€

In mitigation, Imran Khan QC said Ahmed had โ€œdevoted his life to public serviceโ€ and that his โ€œfall from graceโ€ had been โ€œin the full glare of publicity,โ€ including a campaign for him to be stripped of his title.

Mr Khan said: โ€œThat very good reputation he had has gone.โ€

The judge said that according to legal guidelines, the sentence must be in line with the one that would have been imposed at the time the offence was committed.

He jailed Ahmed for three and a half years for the offence of buggery, and imposed two concurrent sentences of two years for each of the attempted rapes.

Mr Justice Lavender also adjourned the case for six weeks to determine whether Ahmed could pay prosecution costs.

During the trial, the jury was played a recording of a telephone call between the two complainants, made by the woman after she went to the police in 2016.

Tom Little QC, prosecuting, told the jury that the call was prompted by the man contacting the woman by email saying: โ€œI have evidence against that paedophile.โ€

Former Labour member Ahmed resigned from the House of Lords in November 2020 after reading the contents of a conduct committee report which found he sexually assaulted a vulnerable woman who sought his help.

The report made him the first peer to be recommended for expulsion, but he resigned before this could be implemented.

Ahmed had previously denied all the charges

Ahmed was charged along with his two older brothers, Mohammed Farouq, 71, and Mohammed Tariq, 65, but both these men were deemed unfit to stand trial.

Farouq and Tariq faced charges of indecent assault in relation to the same boy that Ahmed abused and the jury found that they did the acts alleged.

More to follow:

#AceNewsDesk report ………..Published: Feb.06: 2022:

Editor says โ€ฆSterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

By ace101

Ace Worldwide News Group working with Kindness & Wisdom in perfect harmony to provide help and guidance through news & views and the truth to people in need Amen