This is our daily post that is shared across Twitter & Telegram and published first on here with Kindness & Love XX on peace-truth.com/
#AceNewsRoom in Kindness & Wisdom provides News & Views @acenewsservices
#AceFoodDesk – Vivian Sarich from the Country Women’s Association says this sponge is utterly reliable; it bakes up perfectly every time.
All measurements are in dessert spoons — heaped for dry ingredients, flat for wet ones.
There is some argument that this is a cake, rather than a sponge, because it has butter in it. But it’s only a tiny amount of butter and the chef labels it a sponge, so that’s good enough for us.
10 dessert spoons of sugar
3 large eggs (or 4 small ones)
8 dessert spoons of boiling water
2 dessert spoons of butter
Vanilla, cocoa or coffee for flavour
5 dessert spoons of self-raising flour
Icing sugar to dust
- 1.Beat sugar and eggs for 10 minutes until thick and the sugar has dissolved.
- 2.Mix butter and the boiling water to melt the butter, stir into the egg/sugar mix.
- 3.Add vanilla / cocoa / coffee to taste. (If you use cocoa or coffee, it will dry the mix out, so add a little more water.)
- 4.Gently fold in the self raising flour.
- 5.Split the mix into 2 circular cake tins.
- 6.Bake at 180 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes, until the cake is golden and pulls away from the side of the tin.
- 7.Once cooled, spread jam and whipped cream on one cake, put the second cake on top, dust with icing sugar.
Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external sites or from any reports, posts, or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily and thanks for following as always, I appreciate every like reblog or retweet and comment thank you
You must be logged in to post a comment.